1. Kale Chips: Chips of any kind are sure to be a hit and kale chips do not disappoint. They’re perfectly crispy and salty. Trust me, you can’t eat just one. We recommend dehydrating them instead of baking them to keep the most nutrients in-tacked as possible.
2. Kale Smoothie: Everyone loves a smoothie. Try pairing kale with frozen berries, almond butter and almond milk for a nutrient packed and absolutely delicious breakfast.
3. Kale Burrito: Swap out your tortilla for a leaf of Dinosaur Kale (also called Tuscan Kale, but Dinosaur sounds more fun). Simply wash the leaf and fill with the burrito fillings of your choice. Depending on the thickness of the kale leaf you may need to shave down the stem.
4. Kale Pesto: If you make your own pesto, Kale is an easy substitute for the usual basil. If not, check out your local health food store and you’re likely to find some prepared Kale pesto. Try it on a sandwich or mixed with pasta for a delicious flavor boost that’s packed with healthy goodness.
5. Kale Salad: Salad may be your default use for leafy greens, but kale takes a bit more know-how than lettuce. For maximum flavor potential chop the kale thinly and massage it with dressing several hours before serving. My favorite kale salad is topped with sliced grapes and slivered almonds for a salty and sweet combination.
How do you like to eat kale? We’d love to hear your ideas in the comments!