Sweet Potato Recipe
Looking for a new way to spice up your sweet potatoes, that’s exactly what Chef Ryan has on offer today, with her Indian Spice Sweet Potato recipe!
Diced onions, minced ginger and garlic, curry powder, and graham masala in a cauliflower-and-tomato base spice up the potatoes’ sweetness.
Add cashews and coconut cream, and you have a vegan dish packed with textures, flavors, vitamins, and beta-carotene.
The fragrance alone will tempt the pickiest appetite! So why dig into a bowl of our Indian Spice Sweet Potatoes today?Print
Sweet Potato Recipe Indian Style
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegan
6 oz. coconut milk
2 sweet potatoes
1 oz. ginger
1/2 oz. cilantro
4 garlic cloves
half head of cauliflower
1/2 cup cashews
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp curry powder
15 oz. crushed tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put coconut milk in refrigerator.
- Poke holes in sweet potato using a fork and slice in half, place face side down on baking sheet and into oven, app. 30 min.
- Dice onion, mince ginger and garlic. Chop cilantro and chop cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- Heat saucepan to medium heat and add splash of water or vegetable broth to prevent sticking.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger with pinch of salt. Stir frequently until softened.
- Add cashews and spices to saucepan and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower and tomatoes, cook 10 minutes at a simmer.
- Scoop out just the coconut cream part from the coconut milk can and stir in until it melts. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Take sweet potatoes out of the oven and mash the top, top with spiced coconut veggies and cilantro.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 650
- Sugar: 22 g
- Sodium: 470 mg
- Fat: 35 g
- Saturated Fat: 16 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 72 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Protein: 16 g